Shoal Creek strives to provide a comfortable environment for both horse and owner. Channing and Elaine Hubbard, property owners, reside on the farm with a birds-eye view of the horse's daily activities. Olivia Corn, the owner of Shoal Creek LLC, also resides on the farm.
Bordering the Dupont State Forest allows owners convenient access to the miles of trails and roads on the 10,000-plus acres of the forest.
Shoal Creek Farm Boarding: $750 per month - effective June 1 2023
$800 per month - effective January 1 2024
- Quality Hay (All Square Bales purchased from Coan Farm Penrose NC, Round Bales from Southern S Farm Penrose NC. We purchase all of our hay for the year at once from these farms because they are in the same farming area and feeding the same hay consistently is much healthier and easier on the horse's digestion
- 1 cup of alfalfa pellets will be provided once a day by Shoal Creek Farm to keep the pH balance in the horse’s stomach at a healthy level. (Additional alfalfa pellets, rice bran, beet pulp, flax seed, hoof supplements, or supplements of any kind must be provided by the horse owner and supply maintained by the horse owner)
- At an additional cost, according to the amount, the owner pays for grain/feed. This feed is delivered to the barn by either Bartlett Feed or Nelons.
- Borders are all assigned labeled tack trunks with built-in saddle racks, bridle racks, and additional storage
- Horses have 12x12 stalls including, a mounted box fan, two water buckets, a hay rack, and a corner feed bucket.
- Turn out in pastures with wooden fencing (four large pastures have shelters)
- Bagged pine shavings
- Horses will be blanketed, fly mask, fly sheeted, and fly sprayed as the owner desires (blankets, fly masks, fly sheets, fly spray provided and supply maintained by horse owner)
- Horses are checked daily for injuries (cuts, scrapes, lameness, etc. . .) Shoal Creek Farm will care for minor injuries, for more severe injuries horse owner and vet will be contacted.
- For owners that have purchased the year supply of Dewormer horses are dewormed every eight weeks.
- If the owner is unable to hold the horse for a farrier or vet we will gladly hold your horse and make sure they are taken care of. (Payment must be left for the farrier or Vet will mail bill to you.)